return to the this is Nottingham Bloggers home page

Thursday 22 May 2008

Beware Mr Angry on the road

I was cycling peacefully up Oakdale Road on the last leg of my journey home from work when two fools in a clapped out excuse for a car roared past, gesticulating and shouting abuse.

I maintained my dignity and resisted the urge to shout back – after all they were in the car, I was on the bike.

If only I knew a Q who could fit James Bond-style rocket launchers on the front of my bike.

Whoosh, bang! Bits of burning Nissan raining down over half of Bakersfield.

Ok, maybe I took their rudeness a little too much to heart.

I can only think the two gentlemen were angry because they had been forced to slow down before they passed me, probably adding a whole ten seconds to their journey time.

What makes people so impatient and aggressive? Both dangerous states of mind when behind the wheel.

Perhaps they could lower their blood pressure and calm their minds with a little exercise - cycling would be ideal.

They could also congratulate themselves on helping the environment.

And with a bit of luck, they might not have the breath to spare to shout at anyone

No comments: